Airbus were developing the A320/321 NEO (New Engine Option), which involved the stress and fatigue calculation checks for certification. A 1st tier supplier to Airbus was contracted to undertake some of this work as a defined work package.
Working with this 1st tier supplier as the project manager on the integration team we supplied both the supplier and end customer with:
- Project and resource planning
- Delivery of stress and fatigue reports
- Project reporting to the end customer
- Internal project technical and financial reporting
- Risk management
- KPI tracking and reporting
Our project manager managed to successfully bring the outstanding work in progress (WiP) down from £300,000 to £20,000 within 6 months. We produced the state of work (SOW) and get it signed off for follow on work for a further £400,000 worth of work for the 1st tier supplier.
We also produced a bespoke tool that allowed for:
- Project deliverable tracking
- Dependencies tracking and effect analysis
- Auto generation of Electronic Customer Memo (ECM) numbering and tracking
- Auto generation of presentation compatible reporting diagrams.